Special Outdoor Event Permits

A Special Outdoor Event Permit is required for events conducted in the open air or within a tent or other temporary structure and is produced for a limited time, and could be considered: 

a. A festival, carnival or exhibition where:
i. Unpackaged food is served, sold or transferred to members of the public, or
ii. Motorized amusement devices, a tent or an outdoor stage is used; or
b. Any temporary commercial event conducted on residential property, other than a yard sale; or 
c. Any temporary event conducted on residential property where more than 200 guests or attendees are expected on any one day; or 
d. Any outdoor sales or commercial activity by a peddler or transient merchant on non- residential property, other than a licensed flea market. 

Provided, however, that "special outdoor event" excludes the following:

a. Any event conducted on property owned by any government entity if authorized by the property owner; and
b. Any event conducted on the grounds of any developed lot whose principle use is one of public assembly, such as a church, school, library, park or membership organization.
For any special event request, please submit your outdoor event permit request to the Zoning Deparmtent at City Hall. Please allow up to two (2) weeks for application processing and approval.