Sixth Annual Georgia Gravity Games
- Date: 11/02/2019 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Location: Church Street in Downtown Douglasville
Douglasville, Georgia 30134
The sixth annual Georgia Gravity Games will take place in downtown Douglasville on Saturday, Nov. 2.
Sponsored by Google, Georgia Tech and the City of Douglasville, the gravity-powered car race is a hands-on way to get young people excited about STEM subjects.
Science Street will again be featured this year with games and activities that provide competitors and spectators with another way to engage with STEM concepts.
Several roads in downtown Douglasville will be temporarily closed to make this day of experiential learning possible.
Below are the approved road closures for the 2019 Georgia Gravity Games:
• Church Street from Rose Avenue to Price Street at O’Neal Plaza
• Club Drive from Broad Street to Spring Street
• East Courthouse Square from Broad Street to Church Street
• West Courthouse Square from Broad Street to Church Street
These closures will be in effect from Friday, Nov. 1 at 5:00 p.m. to Saturday, Nov. 2 at 5:00 p.m. During the closure, Broad Street and Spring Street will operate normally, so please access parking from these and any perpendicular streets.