The Adopt-A-Road litter prevention initiative, sponsored by Keep Douglasville Beautiful Inc. (KDB), empowers volunteer groups, families, churches, service organizations, schools and businesses to show their pride in Douglasville by keeping their neighborhood litter-free street by street. It allows citizens to remove unsightly trash along the City of Douglasville right-of-ways while promoting a sense of civic responsibility and pride and contributing to overall community beautification.
The litter prevention efforts of the Adopt-A-Road Program can have an impact and benefit the community by helping:
- Improve property values
- Reduce litter-removal costs
- Foster pride (people litter less in clean neighborhoods)
- Convey monetary costs of littering through public awareness
- Encourage greater civic involvement
As an Adopt-A-Road volunteer, you will receive:
- Assistance with Adopt-A-Road organizational help
- Two "adoption" signs with your name installed along the adopted route.
- Clean up supplies (litter pickup sticks, latex gloves & safety vests, trash bags - loaned during each volunteer cleanup day). Pick up 5 days prior to scheduled cleanup from the Keep Douglasville Beautiful located at: 6730 Church Street, Douglasville, GA 30134.
- Pickup and/or free disposal of trash
- Safety Guidelines
- Post Clean-Up Forms - Volunteers must submit a report within 30 days following each clean up. Minimum of four annual cleanups required / 1- year commitment
- Scheduling or notification of upcoming clean-up and/or recycling events
- Annual recognition for the volunteer group
The 5 Easy Adopt-A-Road Steps
Decide which road to adopt or let us help you. To make it easy on your group - we suggest you pick a location within the City of Douglasville which is convenient to your home, school or business. Or, we can make suggestions of suitable roads based on your criteria. Determine how many people your selected area will require to complete the Adopt-A-Road tasks. Make sure the area is a safe area for volunteers to pick up litter and that there is sufficient parking, etc. The adopted roadway must be at least 1.0 miles in length and be maintained for at least 12 months and have at least 4 cleanups during that time.
Learn More About the Program. View the Official Adopt-A-Road Agreement
Contact Us and Take Action. Contact us to confirm or request assistance in selecting your road section and to begin participation in the Adopt-A-Road Program. Free garbage bags, litter pickers, latex gloves and safety vests will be provided for your cleanup days. All volunteers must wear a safety vest. View and complete the Adopt-A-Road Signup Form.
Share your Results and Fill-out a Post-Cleanup Report. You and your group will receive recognition for your efforts by submitting Post-Cleanup Reports for your cleanup efforts within 30 days following each clean up event. If you have trash/ debris that is either too large, heavy, or hazardous for your group to remove, let us know in the Post-Cleanup Report. Keep Douglasville Beautiful will arrange for the removal of all filled garbage bags and other trash/debris. View and complete the Post-Clean Up Form.
Receive Recognition for your group’s hard work! Each adopted section of road will be marked with two signs with your group’s name. We will order your signs and have them installed at the proper locations. Certificates are also given out annually to recognize the outstanding efforts from our Adopt-A-Road Partners. However, the greater reward is the satisfaction that your group made Douglasville a more beautiful place by loving where they live or work!
2018 Recognized Adopt-a-Road Partners
Certificates of Excellence
For Adopt-A-Road partners that excelled in their efforts - going above and beyond the call of duty to – in helping to make our city a cleaner, more beautiful community.
Certificates of Recognition
For Adopt-A-Road partners that did great work and deserve recognition for their role in helping make our city a cleaner, more beautiful community.
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. - Sigma Omega Omega Chapter
Thanks for helping Keep Douglasville Beautiful and remember to love where you live!