The strategic plan for accomplishing the Douglasville Police Department’s mission must begin by identifying the core values. These values must be preserved and defended by the Douglasville Police Department in performing its statutory missions. Those values are:
- Rigorous obedience to the United States Constitution, the Georgia Constitution and State Laws, and the City of Douglasville Ordinances
- Respect for the dignity of all those we are called to serve and protect
- Compassion in all situations
- Fairness to all citizens
- Uncompromising personal and professional integrity
- Accountability by accepting responsibility and the consequences for our actions and decisions
- Leadership, both personal and professional
- Vigilance, both personal and professional
I want to thank the Mayor and City Council for giving me the opportunity to serve our great community, the City of Douglasville. To serve with professional men and women that believe in integrity, transparency, character, and accountability, the values I believe in, makes my service to my fellow officers and the community a joy.
Our vision is to build a community of one.
The Police Department and community need to come together as a team to fight criminal activity. We need to believe in one another and trust and respect each role in serving our community.
Our motto, "We are one," bridges the divide between the community and law enforcement. We will work continuously to make this motto a reality. This is our mission and we will win over the forces that try to keep us apart.
- Chief Gary E. Sparks