A Dose of Douglasville is a 10-week program to acquaint residents of Douglasville with the structure of the City government and services provided. The Academy provides residents with information, resources, and tools to become knowledgeable community members and effective neighborhood leaders. City staff will conduct interactive sessions with expertise in their respective departments.
- Use the form below to sign up online.
- Apply for the Academy via downloadable paper form
- To provide an introduction to City Leaders and Staff
- To provide information and materials that will enable citizens to understand how departments that make up our local government serve our community and understand the processes involved.
- To provide citizens with information to enable them to successfully navigate and unravel the “red tape” syndrome of what can be a complex system of government operations and services.
- To create a closer working partnership between the residents of Douglasville and it's local government.
The Douglasville Citizens’ Academy is a ten (10) week program, beginning February 4, 2020. Each session is two (2) hours, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., one evening a week (Tuesdays) ending with a graduation ceremony on Monday April 20th.
Classes will include an overview of City government and pertinent information from City departments. At the end of the program, participants should have an increased understanding of the organizational structure and operations of the various City departments that impact the quality of life in the City of Douglasville.
Graduates of the Academy will be prepared to have a role in the future of their neighborhoods and the City overall through government/citizens interaction.
The applicant must be a resident, work, or own a business in the City of Douglasville and must be 18 years or older to participate in the program. Classes are limited to 20 participants. Class rosters will be filled on a first-come, first served basis.
Your time! There is no charge for the program. The only cost is your time, effort, and commitment.
Schedule of Classes
- February 4, 2020
- February 11, 2020
- February 18, 2020
- February 25, 2020
- March 10, 2020
- March 17, 2020
- March 24, 2020
- March 31, 2020
- April 7, 2020
- April 14, 2020
- April 20, 2020 (Graduation)